Job Opening for Part-time Office Manager
· Maintain the symphony business office.
· Purchase equipment, supplies, etc., according to budget and approved procedures.
· Handle correspondence, including patron suggestions and complaints.
· Maintain documents according to legal requirements and/or Board policies and procedures.
· Maintain all payroll records for administrative and artistic staff.
· Plan and implement all aspects of season subscription and renewal campaigns, including direct mail and telemarketing. Oversee the acquisition of prospect lists, production of all campaign materials, and work of outside contractors. Monitor the progress of all campaigns and provide progress reports and analyses of results.
· Manage ticket sales. Ensure friendly, courteous service and customer satisfaction in ticket transactions; engage in customer research if needed to establish sales/return policies. Direct the development of internal information systems to ensure accurate and efficient ticketing systems; provide periodic ticket sales reports as requested.
· Oversee the development and production of all materials used to support the Association's public relations events and marketing campaigns, including subscription brochures, print ads, posters, signs, electronic media advertising copy, telemarketing scripts, press releases, newsletters, program book, annual report, and special promotions. Ensure the quality, consistency, and accuracy of all Association communications.
· Oversee the planning and development of special public relations events and new subscriber activities; coordinate with volunteers to carry out the events and ensure that they are consistent with the Association's policies and objectives.
· Oversee the planning and development of special public relations events and new subscriber activities; coordinate with volunteers to carry out the events and ensure that they are consistent with the Symphony’s policies and objectives.
· Oversee the development and maintenance of all tickets sales systems and records; ensure the accuracy of all ticket revenue reports; provide periodic progress reports as requested.
· Work with Treasurer to establish a system of timely deposits, sales reports, ticket audits, and concert settlements.
· Ensure that media exposure and acknowledgment promised to donors takes place.
· Attend all meetings of Governing Board and Administrative Council.
· Plan and administer all concert production activities of the orchestra, including facility and equipment rental, staging requirements, and other logistical arrangements.
· Coordinate activities with library, personnel, and artistic staff.
· Supervise orchestra setup for rehearsals and concerts and coordinate with Music Director regarding special setup requirements.
· Arrive backstage early to check all preparations, inform orchestra personnel or stage technicians of any last-minute changes, and determine actual starting time of concerts.
· Confirm arrangements with recording engineer for any taping of concerts.
· Arrange for guest artist hospitality.